So, I pulled out the print out of Onyx Sun to see how much more I had to do on this run through, and the answer is “Nothing.”
And “A lot.”
Apparently I’d made it through the manuscript again, tweaking things per beta reader suggestions, so the only thing left to do is figure out where to put the two additional scenes I’ve written, and plan a few others. (Again, all in accordance with beta reader suggestions.)
One of the scenes ties firmly into the plot. The other is more along the lines of character development so is harder to fit in.
(And I thought that the headache I woke up with this morning was bad!)
I also need a couple more scenes to set things up a bit more. I figured out one of them while I was in the bathtub, so all I have to do is write it.
At any rate, I think I can start entering the changes tomorrow (on my day off) and pack up Book 6 of The Academy of the Accord to go to work for first round paper edits when I have free time. (I have the feeling I’ll be taking a lot of notes as I go through this one. Things get really messy starting here and Book 7 is going to be a disaster to edit. But I’ll get there. I need to focus on what I’m working on now, not on what’s waiting for me when it’s done.)
Now, let’s see if I can actually make this happen…
One response to “Better Than I Thought”
You’ve got this! I’m cheering you on. Or if threatening the muse works better I can do that too. LOL.
Hope the headache goes away.